Saturday, January 28, 2012

Over the next few days I'm going to share some restaurants that we like, and have visited in Houston and all over. I'll add more restaurants as we check them off our ever growing list of eateries we want to try.

Today we have: Chimichurri's in Kingwood, Texas & Gasthaus Eichler in Winter Park, Colorado

Chimichurri's South American Grill
1660 West Lake Houston Parkway
Kingwood, TX 77339
(281) 360-0015
http://chimichurrisgrill.com/index.php


Plantain Chips with Chimichurri Sauce (so yummy!)

We have been to Chimichurri's about four or five times. It's a South American Grill. The plantain chips above come complimentary with your meal. It's a great place for a special meal, but when you don't really want to go to another part of town. The pricing is not cheap, but I think it's reasonable. I feel like you could wear a nice outfit and have a date night without feeling out of place. It seems like just wearing shorts and a T-shirt would be a little too casual, so it's not TGI Friday's, which I like for a change now and again. They do take reservations, and I like reservations over taking a number sometimes, and there aren't a lot of places in this area that will take reservations. The service has always been great, and food is wonderful. My fall back are the Costillas Mendozinas (Malbec-braised short ribs), and Champagne Risotto (best risotto I've ever had).  Below are other pictures from Chimichurri's...

 Malbec-braised short ribs

A fish special Andy had

Grilled Veggies that come with the meal

Champagne Risotto (best risotto I've ever had). 




Gasthaus Eichler
78786 US Highway 40
Winter Park, CO 80482
970-726-5133
http://www.gasthauseichler.com



Gasthaus Eichler is in Winter Park, Colorado. We have eaten there three times. The first was in the summer when we went for our honeymoon and then we tend to eat there every year when we go skiing. We've never ordered anything bad here, and I had the best Chocolate Creme Brulee I've ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment