Tuesday, January 1, 2013





Christmas Dinner 2012
 



Southern Style Green Beans:

I haven't ever tried to make these myself before, but I love 'em so I wanna make 'em at home :)




 
 
Cut up the potatoes and shallots, this is way to much potato, you only need about 1/4 cup
 
 
I melted the butter
 
 
Added the shallot (we use them because we have a lot of onion allergies in my family, but to do it again I may have just used the dry onions instead)
 
 
I used neck instead of a ham hock, wouldn't make that choice if doing it again, but they didn't have the hock when I was at the store...next time I'd go to another store to have the good stuff
 
 
Added the green beans and the part of potato, I also added salt and pepper with some Tony Chachere's Seasoning at the end
 
 
Andy made a Standing Rib Roast, the rub was yummy and smelled so good, he used this recipe 
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Herbed-Rib-Roast-104394?mbid=ipapp
 
 





Christmas Dinner:Standing Rib Roast, Southern Green Beans, Candied Sweet Potatoes (that Bonnie made), and winter squash (yellow and orange) It was a yummy meal, despite the issues with the power being out

 

No comments:

Post a Comment